Top Free Medicare Benefits

Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B) provides coverage for your inpatient and outpatient medical needs. Medicare Part D provides coverage for your prescription drug needs. There might be additional Medicare benefits available that could help address your medical needs.

Some of the Medicare benefits that are available typically come at no additional costs to beneficiaries. We outline those benefits below.

Medicare Benefits

Medicare Mental Health Benefits

Medicare covers one free depression screening each year to help you stay on top of your mental health. Addiction counseling consultations are also available.

Routine Screenings with Medicare

Routine screenings are available as a preventative service to ensure you catch potential health issues quickly.

Immunizations through Medicare

Medicare covers annual flu shots, pneumonia vaccines, and Hepatitis B shots for those at a heightened risk for the disease.

Yearly Visits with Medicare

During your yearly wellness visit, you and your doctor can create a wellness plan to keep you protected for the entire year.

Medicare Diabetes Care

Has your doctor determined that you might have an increased risk for diabetes? Get screened through Medicare.

Cancer Checks through Medicare

Medicare covers yearly prostate cancer screenings, colorectal cancer screenings, breast cancer screenings, and cervical and vaginal cancer screenings.

Glaucoma Tests through Medicare

For those at an increased risk for glaucoma, Medicare will cover glaucoma tests once every 12 months.

Medicare Advanced Care Planning

While completely optional, Advanced Care Planning can be done during your yearly wellness visit with your doctor.

Medicare Cardiovascular Screenings

Heart health is important. Medicare covers cardiovascular screenings once every 5 years for beneficiaries.

Weight Counseling through Medicare

If your body mass index (BMI) exceeds 30, Medicare covers free behavioral therapy sessions for weight counseling.

Add to Your Medicare Benefits

While Medicare has a plethora of additional free benefits, there are even more benefits that come at a cost to beneficiaries. For these benefits, Medicare will typically cover up to 80% of these costs, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. There is, however, a way to get these benefits completely covered. Some Medicare supplement plans will cover the remaining 20% of costs, leaving you with no out-of-pocket costs.

To get a Medicare supplement plan and take advantage of all the Medicare benefits available to you, you can get a free Medicare supplement quote online. You can also contact one of our friendly agents at (800) 310-2550.

Compare Your Medicare Supplement Rates Immediately!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.